Thermocouple Protection Tubes
Showing all 8 results
JMC – Silicon Nitride (Si3N4)
Silicon Nitride (Si3N4) thermocouple protection tube material is a good choice for thermocouple protection tubes, riser tubes, as well as for a whole range of other products with high thermal conductivity, high strength, and good thermal shock resistance.
Silicon nitride provides all these material properties. The material has such high strength that the wall thickness of the thermocouple protection tubes can be minimized. This is essential to detect even tiny temperature differences and permit an effective automatic control loop as precise and reliable temperature measurement is a critical requirement in all processes.
MTC Haldenwanger – Alsint 99, 7
Best, high temperature, ceramic material for kiln construction with 99,7% Al2O3 (the difference is mainly MgO and SiO2).
- Type C 799 according to DIN EN 60672
- Refractoriness up to 1700 °C
- Good thermal shock resistance due to high thermal conductivity
- High mechanical strength
- High electrical resistivity
MTC Haldenwanger – Pythagoras
Most economical, Mullite material for kiln components.
- Type 610 according to DIN VDE 0335
- Very good chemical resistance against gases free of fluorine
- For kiln working under normal conditions Pythagoras has good thermal shock resistance and good mechanical strength.
- Pythagoras is being used as impervious protection sheaths and insulators for temperature measurement.
- Application temperatures up to 1400 °C
Silicon Carbide Pyrometer Tube
Silicon Carbide Pyrometer Tubes are designed for monitoring, melting, and holding temperatures of aluminum and other non-ferrous alloys up to 2300ºF (1260ºC). They consist of silicon carbide/graphite isostatically formed around the threaded pipe. These are supplied ready to use with threaded 1/2″ NPT steel pipes for rapid attachment to furnace pyrometry system.